BAF's Projects » Programming
BAFIRC is an IRC client. The goal is for it to be almost like a bouncer, providing functionality similar to what Quassel provides.
The current proposed features include (but aren’t limited to):
- Centralized backend for a single presence as a continuous client
- DCC file send management
- HTML5 interface, potentially a webkit-embedded based thick app later
The project is ever-evolving, so be sure to pay attention to blog posts about it for the latest information!
The full source to BAFIRC is available on GitHub! There’s also a copy of the original incarnation of BAFIRC from many years ago, for nostalgia sake. The code itself is pretty incomplete and crappy, so it’s not useful for much at all.
Related Blog Posts
- BAFIRC Plugins: Mostly Done?
- BAFIRC Plugins: More Thoughts
- BAFIRC Plugins
- BAFIRC: DCC Layer
- BAFIRC: CTCP Layer Refactoring
- BAFIRC Progress
- BAFIRC: CTCP Layer
- BAFIRC: IRC Layer Complete?
- BAFIRC: Tonight's Plan
- BAFIRC: IRC Layer Progress
- BAFIRC: Design Architecture
- BAFIRC: IRC Message Parser
- BAFIRC: The IRC Layer
- Introducing: BAFIRC